6. The first step is to add your domain name (Scroll down to see this option). Input your domain name on the field provided and hit SUBMIT.
7. The next step would require you to add the Primary server info to your domain service profile (i.e., GoDaddy, etc.) The fields below automatically populates depending on your region. You will need to copy both the Primary and Secondary Name server and input it to GoDaddy.
8. Next, you will have to visit www.GoDaddy.com or the domain service you're using, the rest of the steps pertain to GoDaddy. Under DOMAINS, select Manage.
9. Select the domain name you will need to update.
10. On the next screen, click Manage under Nameservers
11. A window will pop-up. Select the Custom radio button and hit ADD NAMESERVER
12. Enter the Primary and Secondary Server names on the appropriate fields and hit OK. Click SAVE on the next screen.
13. You will receive a notification regarding the update. The next steps below would require at least 24-48 hours to ensure that your domain name is updated across the entire web.
14. ONLY do this after 24-48 hours to allow the internet to propagate the update on the servers you did. Do Steps 1-5 above to get to the DOMAIN screen and find the below. Select the new domain where your website will now redirect.
15. It will tell you it is validate and redirect back to the same screen once complete.
16. Next, tap the checkbox that says "Redirect all your domains to primary domain" and click SET REDIRECT
17. Everything should now redirect properly! Scroll up and check if the new domain is the primary domain and your RE/MAX website is a secondary domain as below. To test, you can simply visit your website or click the VIEW WEBSITE link on the same page.
Don’t forget to forward, share or tweet to anyone who you think would benefit!
2007 All Rights Reserved Swirl Solutions & Darci Talks