Sign up for my newsletter so you never miss another tip or post: Click here
I think this was one of the biggest surprises to me when I started working with REALTORS®. One question I always ask is “How are you keeping in touch with your past, current and future clients?” 90% of the time I am met with a blank stare, an uncomfortable silence. I always say the best thing is to set up a drip campaign on your CRM however, I know that seems overwhelming to people so here are 7 tips you can start to implement ASAP!
Sending an email can be done with a few keyboard clicks and some formatting – sometimes as easy as 1,2,3 if you already have a template in place! But engaging your audience to open your email and read through what you sent them is a different story. Here are 7 simple ways I found which can be helpful for REALTORS® who would like to avoid their recipient’s spam list!
1. Use short, concise and straight-to-the-point introductions.The introduction along with the subject of the email allows users to discern whether to open up or even continue reading your email. It is always suggested that you use the K.I.S.S. method: i.e. Keep ItShort and Simple. You would want to introduce yourself and direct them right away as to why you’re sending them a message.
2. If somebody messages you on Social Media, signs up or registers on your site, make sure you get back to them ASAP. I cannot tell you how many times I see this happen. This is a sign that you care for your clients. If you can respond within a few minutes, great, or a few hours, awesome but don’t ignore them!
3. Be an Expert! It is always best to have a weekly or monthly newsletter giving value added services and info to your clients. You can provide tips & tricks, helpful advice and basically anything you are good at! This could further fuel up interest in your readers making them eagerly waiting for your next email. We offer this service if you have difficulty creating content, just PLEASE remember it is NOT about posting your listings!
4. Validate your expertise to them by adding Testimonials.A great way to showcase how well you do in the playing field is by how your clients perceive how you do your work.Include recent testimonials to let your audience know how you are going to help them. Although the testimonials talk about you, it’ll put your prospective clients at ease in doing business with you especially if someone they know is on your list.
5. Know your Audience. Would you open an email that is directed to what you currently need? This should be a YES almost 100% of the time. Studies show that we read what we want to read. Ergo, sending content relevant to what your clients need is a must! So, how do you do it? Get to know who you’re dealing with – you would know this either when you meet face-to-face or by sending an email asking the specific needs of your client.
6. Check back and Increase their Interest. If you are still not marked as spam or if they haven’t unsubscribed from your newsletters, chances are they are still interested about your services! Bank on this by checking back to let them know what new things you’re offering. Excite them, say, with a local event suited for their age group or by inquiring if they are interested in still receiving future updates.
7. Keep your ties close. Assuming you have already closed a deal, your client has already moved and everything is going well……you know it doesn’t end there, right? Seriously, this drives me crazy. They love you, right? Now you are moving on looking for new clients? Wouldn’t it be easier to keep in touch with your past one who have friends, family, colleagues and may eventually sell and move again? The best way to do this is series of drip emails and reminders for you to call, set up over a 10-year span! Contact me for more info if this seems daunting.
For specific examples of these emails plus a more comprehensive insight on how each email is to be done, you may visit this link.
My Social Media Course is now LIVE! 5 spots left for this awesome Darci Deal which will give you access to all new modules and courses! CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT!