Sign up for my newsletter so you never miss another tip or post: Click here
Are you a REALTOR® with a Facebook account? Please go through the list of things that you should be doing on Facebook.
Having been in the teaching REALTORS® for a long time regarding automation and technology, whenever I discuss what has to be done on Facebook, I always get an “AHA” moment from the crowd. So, I’ve decided that whatever it is that’s causing the mistakes have got to stop for good! Ha ha. Thank me later for I’m giving away the 7 Things Every REALTOR® should be doing on Facebook:
1. Create short but sweet statements. The world is so fast-paced these days and everyone is always on the move. You need to keep up with the pace otherwise you will be left behind. And with everyone hustling every day, you have got to do the K.I.S.S. Keep It Short and Simple! There’s always room for lengthy posts but constantly giving people a pile to chew on may be a cringe worthy moment for them. Create a concise headline that will give value to your readers, who may be your future clients.
2. Get your information updated! You may not realize it but social media is a colossal avenue where you can get more business. Make your profile visible and easy to search. Get your contact information updated, it’s not necessary that you put your cell number there if you’re not comfortable, but at least add your website or email so anyone who’s interested with your business can easily get in touch with you.
3. Hashtag Alert! Ever seen somebody post on Facebook with way too many hashtags? #HowDoYouFeel #LoveMyWork #SellingProperties. If you feel like your eyeballs are about to break in half, then that’s what your followers may also be feeling. Hashtags are a great way so you can reach out to as many people in the Facebook world but you also have to know how to limit its use. Unlike Twitter and Instagram, Facebook can also use hashtags but less is more. As they say, three is a crowd, so be mindful not to hashtag almost every word on your post because that might end up to be confusing which can potentially cause a drop on your number of followers.
4. Add your Job Title where it belongs. Is Em Jesse REALTOR® a familiar Facebook profile name to you? Start ditching the REALTOR® on your personal page and just have your name show up in your profile. The best way for people to know what you do is to show it in your about Section. Add your Title and Brokerage name as well for people to know. Plus in some states and provinces it is a law to do so!
5. Upload your most recent photo. This is extremely important especially if you are just starting out your profile. People will add you because they recognize you. So, do yourself a favor and remove that profile picture taken in 1995 when you were still 20 years old. Replace it with your most recent photo. If you have a family it’s best that you make your family portrait a cover photo instead of making it a profile photo. The goal is for people to recognize you.
6. Give Facebook attention. Always check your notifications and respond to peoples comments and posts. 10 to 15 minutes of your time should be enough to reply to comments, react to a couple of posts and place a status update if you feel like doing so. You can outsource the content that you post, blog creation or graphic creation, but the power of Facebook lies on how you make connections. When something is important, you should give it time. And you’ll never know how much of a game-changer it can be.
7. Think before you click. Whatever you post on Facebook makes a mark on your followers. Once your post is up and is read, people may still care even if you put your post down. A simple advice before you post anything, think about it! If you feel that it will not be offensive to anyone think through it again until you finally convince yourself that it’s good to go. Remember that there’s a thin line between the personal and professional realms so you always have to be careful.
I hope I have given you a little enlightenment on how you should be using Facebook. As the cliché goes “Every journey begins with a single step”. If you’re not going to start doing what you’re supposed to, then nothing will happen. Remember that what you do now can make a huge impact on what you will get in the future. Be wise and off to success you go! :-)
Have a question? Comment below or email me at Darci@DarciTalks.com. I am here to help. Check out all the services here and I offer private consulting anywhere in the world! Just reach out.