Sign up for my newsletter so you never miss another tip or post: Click here
How to redirect your clients to your main website from another link. What the heck does that mean?
Let's say you have a free site with your brokerage that is yourname.brokerage.ca or something like that but you want it to be called www.YourDomain.com. This is what you do!
Below are the exact steps if you are a RE/MAX agent and a big thanks to the Kelowna Tech team for supplying this!
The example below is if your domain is with GoDaddy but similar steps will be with whoever your hoster/registrar is.
***All images and text below are compliments of RE/MAX and their info.
1. Log into your GoDaddy account at www.godaddy.com
2. Click account name in the upper right corner of the page
3. Click “Manage My Domains”
4. Click Gear symbol in the upper right corner of the domain you are linking to your website
5. Click “Manage DNS”
6. Verify that Nameservers are set to the Godaddy Defaults. If not, set nameservers to default.
7. Insert “184.108.40.206” as a value into A Record field by clicking pencil button next to field
8. Insert “hc.hms-gtm.com” into * and WWW CNAME fields by clicking pencil next to each of these fields
9. Log into MaxCenter at www.maxcntr.com and click the “LeadStreet” tile to access LeadStreet
10. Click the Apps menu followed by the “Website”
11. Click “Domain Management” under Advanced Settings
12. . Enter address of domain name being added to website and then click Submit button
13. Click the “I Agree” button on the page that follows
Don’t forget to forward, share or tweet to anyone who you think would benefit!